Sunday, October 11, 2009

Forgiveness Prayer - how to minister forgiveness

On my new web site WWW.listening-prayer.com I recently added a new article on ministering forgiveness. It is called Forgiveness Prayer - asking God for forgiveness of sins.

Ministering forgiveness means that the inner healing prayer touches the heart. The most powerful ways to do that engage deep emotions or use the imagination. Faith of the heart strategies are listed in faith of the heart prayers.

When we are emotional our heart is open. When we activate our creative sanctified imaginations our spirit is engaged. One of the heart prayer strategies is "Use the imagination. Create prayer pictures and dramas."

So how do I minister forgiveness? I create a picture. I set up a picture - a Dialogue with Jesus Scene. I ask my client to imagine a safe place, either real or imagined, where they would feel comfortable meeting with Jesus.

In the scene I might have them ask Jesus directly: "Do you forgive me?"

Then we wait for the response. Jesus may respond verbally or non-verbally (with a feeling of comfort or love). By using an imagined encounter with God, the Holy Spirit is able to communicate God's Word directly to our spirit. Then what happens is powerful. Because the active Word of God experienced through listening prayer is living and active and penetrates our heart.

The result is an active encounter with God - a healing encounter that ministers God's love, acceptance and forgiveness to our heart.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home