Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Only God can Heal My Life

I made an important discovery in my life a long time ago. The best and easiest way to get psychological and emotional healing was to let God do it.

I was working in a mental hospital - psychiatric facility with 1,200 patients.  I knew a lot about mental health and was learning more as we did in service education events.

I read a lot of self-help books.  This was the 1970's.  there were no e-books, blogs or even personal computers back then.

I attended special workshops, weekend training, even a week long conference at a retreat center.  I learned something from this week-long conference that always stuck with me.

During the conference, I set up a commitment to a self-change project.  I even had an accountability partner.  We met every week to check in and encourage one another toward our change target.

I do not remember what the change target was.  I do not remember any of the meetings that Wayne and I had together.  All I remember is that the conference was in the summer and that sometime in the fall we stopped meeting and the change stopped.  

For all the education, commitment, cooperation and time that we invested, we had not achieved any significant change.  

That explains why 'Heal My Life' is my motto for Christian counselling and it means only God can heal my life

George Hartwell M.Sc. Christian counsellor provides Christian counselling ( counseling / therapy )George Hartwell - a Christian counsellor, and a registered psychotherapist, serving Mississauga, Toronto, Oakville, Burlington, Ontario George's Christian Counselling Therapy process through 90 minute in person sessions at his office in Mississauga.  As a professional Christian Marriage counsellor George provides Christian marriage counselling counseling for couples in Oakville, Mississauga, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home