Saturday, July 24, 2004

The Listening Attitude

Humility means I can learn. I have an open mind and heart.

Broken means my tears are close to the surface. My hard shell has been broken.

No longer attached to my agenda, I am dead to the power trip.

I can listen to you because I am not invested in how I look to you. I am not invested in my "Self Image." I am dead to 'image control.'

I am patient because I have given up my demands. Love does not control.

I can listen with heart and feelings because I don't have to get it right with my head. I have given up controlling through understanding. I don't seek more intellectual knowledge because I know that isn't how we see into the things of the spirit.

Creativity, spontaneity, passion, enthusiasm, fun, stories and imagination - these are loved by a child with good self esteem. Unless we turn and open up to the child within us we cannot see into the Kingdom of God. Life is not generated by being deadly serious!

The more Heaven's peace permeates my soul, the more I am able to be patient and wait for you to find heaven's peace for your soul. Wait upon the Lord. Enjoy the waiting station.

These attitudes make Listening Prayer Therapy fruitful.

George <><


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home