Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Learning from Christian marriage retreats

I remember that this couple was really keen to get a breakthrough in their marriage. They loved each other, were real and authentic and ready to work.
It was during the summer and we had wonderful weather and a lovely time at Jack and JoAnnes retreat center.
Of course I started each session with a prayer that submitted our work to God and invited the Holy Spirit to protect and guide us. I always to that.
At this time in my career I was more relaxed than earlier. I could rest in my experience, my training and the discernment of the Holy Spirit.
I had lots of experience of God coming through whenever we called upon Him. If we were lost. If we needed insight into a memory. If we needed His truth or His comfort. He was always there.
John Sandford always prayed when he was stuck (Help!) and learned that way. I appreciate learning from John and Paula Sandford. Now I can appreciate learning from the Holy Spirit in the times when I call for "Help!"
This Christian marriage retreat began the process of showing me some of the blocks to marriages that one is likely to see. This resulted in my article on 10 marriage transforming prayer encounters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home